Tuesday, July 3, 2007

June 16th- June 17th(ish)




We arrived in London at 4 in the afternoon. London is beautiful!!! I loved everything about it! We ended up having a 20 hour layover so we left the airport for a few hours. We layed out on the grass across the water from Big Ben which was pretty neat, then we ate dinner at an amazing park/garden. It's weird it was nine o'clock at night and the sun was still up. Everything closed at nine so we went back to the airport, however, they wouldn't let us check in until 7 the next morning so we spent the next 15 hours in chairs next to the check in counter instead of the comfy lounge in the terminal. Our plane didn't take off until 11 the next morning so we played hackysack inside the airport all night. It was quite the sight, especially because none of us are all that talented at it! Finally we were able to get checked in and they pulled me aside to be patted down and searched and X-rayed. Actually I was pulled aside on all the rest of our plane flights from then on. Apparantly there is something suspicious about a 17 year old blonde girl from America going on a missions trip to Africa : )


The plane flight to Kenya was long but fun; more British accents and coffee : ) Ten or so hours later, after being awake for almost 72 hours, we were finally in AFRICA!!!!

1 comment:

Jaci Bender said...

Hi!
I stumbled accross you blog and I have been starting to research trips to Africa for 2008, and for the little bit that I read, you trip seemed awesome. I was wondering if you went through your church or an organization. Could you email me and let me know? Thank you so much!
Jaci Bender
jaciloubender@sbcglobal.net